Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New year, new nonsense!

The last sunset of 2013
 
     Well, I'm sure you all noticed that I didn't make it back to update, and most likely you weren't surprised and quite honestly, probably didn't notice.  The bottom line is, I don't sit still for very long and social media/computer things and I have a very dysfunctional loathe/hate relationship. That being said, I am here now! *cue applause* I did spend many days going to the beach and enjoying the unseasonably warm Southern California Winter temperatures, sewing fun things for friends and family, and one of my favorite things I haven't done in the better part of the last 6 months, READ! I love reading so much but the last book I started sat on my nightstand for months because I was too tired to get past chapter 1 but because I am not that person, I didn't post thrice daily updates on Facebook/twitter/instagram with the ass numbingly uninteresting to anyone but me goings on of my daily life. Consider that my gift to you.
     I have heard a lot of people say that they are glad that 2013 is over because it was a really crap year for them, and that makes me wonder if 2014 will be any better for those folks? Yes, some of my closest and dearest to me people were plagued by many unfortunate events that were well beyond their control, and 2014 better be much gentler to those I love or I will unleash a wrath on it that will...sorry, my metal bra and sword were chafing me and my inner smiter was showing...Now where were we? Right, ok-but some people...well...They do seem to enjoy a v.i.p table at their pity party for one. Yeah, you know who you are.
    On to resolutions: YIPPEE! No, not mine! Don't be ridiculous, I NEVER make New Year's resolutions. If I decide that something needs to change, I do it right in that moment. Before you roll your eyes so far back in your head that you can see your own brain, put your tomahawk in the fridge and read on. I'm not one of those people, I just know that if I wait for some mainstream predictable date upon which boring most people decide to make changes, I'll probably forget/lose the post it/see something shiny/just plain blow off said plans and decide that going to the beach is a MUCH better plan! Well...IT IS! So resolutions are a no. NEXT!
     A few weeks ago, I received notice from the city that the Mission Viejo Farmer's market where I was selling every other weekend is now closed permanently. At first, I was sort of lost without any markets on the books for January and then after talking it out with someone who always very generously listens to my twisted internal monologues as they escape from my mouth, I leaned into the few months of uncertainty for Winter 2014. I think this is a good year to stop the universal glorifying of hectic and over scheduled lives! YES! That being said, I am looking forward to the next Mom and Pop up Shop at Crafted and have some fun new venues lined up for the year!
    With that, I'm off to make tea and start a new book! Yes, I live on the edge.
 
I hope everyone had a great holiday season and may 2014 be everything you wish for it to be!
 
Until next time~
Peace, love and throwing stars,
Amy
 
 
 
 



3 comments:

  1. Makes jealous face at the idea of sunshine.

    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sunshine has been plentiful so far this Winter and I have been taking full and advantage of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey welcome back again! I've missed you! I don't make resolution. I try and deal with things as I need to.
    Here you are talking about going to the beach and we are expecting a blizzard. I could go to the beach as well except for the nasty weather but I'm not jealous. I am a died in the wool New Englander for better or worse though I have been to some of your beaches and they are beautiful. How many beaches do you own? Anyway enough of this nonsense.
    Happy New Year Amy all the best to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete